As a avid addict of modifying our build, we’ve proudly and enthusiastically changed out our shocks 4 times. That intrigue and need to see what is better stopped with the Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks. Hands down this is the best set of shocks we’ve ever had installed and the opportunity to ride with.
Now, some of the other shocks on the market do offer a better ride and of course depending on the environment you’re in will ultimately drive your respect for or displeasure about.
Let me start with the install process! The Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks we bought were for a Wrangler with a 3.5″ lift. The shocks came nicely packaged. Unlike other sets of shocks that you had to assemble the pins, the Fox shocks are ready out of the box. Additionally, other shocks we’ve worked with in the past, we were able to compress by hand with ease. However, the compression of the Fox shocks was extremely difficult by hand, and we ended up using a hydraulic jack to compress and set in place.
Overall, the difference in the ride with the Fox shocks compared to others is non-comparable in our opinion. Rancho was good, SkyJacker we only ran for a couple of months before 1 was blown and honestly seeing is believing. The Fox 2.0 Performance shocks are the real deal. They do cost more, but as the saying goes “you get what you pay for”. These are worth every penny!
The 2.0 Performance Series IFP smooth body shocks contain the latest in shock technology to transform the performance of your Truck or SUV. They use our race-proven damping control to provide a comfortable on-road ride and predictable offroad handling in even the toughest conditions. The precision metal impact aluminum body increases cooling capacity and will never rust. Inside you will find our race-proven performance valving technology Our Internal Floating Piston (IFP) mono-tube design separates the shock oil from the high-pressure, nitrogen-charged gas chamber. The IFP eliminates oil aeration allowing maximum performance from the factory-tuned precision valving. The race developed high flow damping piston matched with application specific vavling provides the 2.0 Performance Series IFP shock a predicable ride quality capable of handling the roughest road conditions.
- 2.0″ Metal impacted 6061-T6 aluminum will resist rust over time
- Clear-anodized for a durable finish
- Internal IFP mono-tube reservoir design separates shock oil from the high-pressure nitrogen
- Black-anodized, CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- 5/8″ hard chrome plated heat-treated alloy steel
- Race-developed high-flow piston design
- Application specific valving to maximize performance
- Redundant sealing pack system main seal, wiper seal, scraper seal
- JM92 Advanced Suspension Fluid for improved performance at variable temperatures
- Quiet nitrile rubber allows for increased suspension articulation
- Direct replacement for stock and aftermarket lifts kits